Join our Newsletter for Pilot Training & News
Private Pilot License
Earn Your Private Pilot Certificate with Leopard Aviation at one of our two convenient locations, Scottsdale or Mesa, AZ.
Start your journey in aviation by earning your Private Pilot’s Certificate.
Whether your goal is to fulfill a lifelong dream of learning to fly or you aspire to one of the many careers the world of aviation has to offer, your journey starts with the Private Pilot’s License also known and referred to as the Private Pilot Certificate by the FAA.
Earning your private pilot license will be one of the most rewarding achievements of your life. Our mission is to turn your goals into reality in a fun, safe and enjoyable atmosphere. We have new aircraft with state-of-the-art G1000 avionics, GFC700 autopilot, and ADS-B in and out for the added situational awareness and safety.
We train pilots under the FAA 14 CFR Part 61 program which allows you the flexibility to learn at a pace that fits your schedule.
Private Pilot License Requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old to solo. (But you can start before 16)
- Be at least 17 years old to earn a Private Pilot Certificate
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Obtain at least a 3rd Class Medical Certificate.
- Receive and log ground training from an authorized instructor.
- Accumulate and log 10 hours of solo flight time.
- Pass an FAA Written Knowledge Test.
- Pass a Practical Test with an FAA examiner where your aeronautical knowledge and flying skills will be tested
What better place to learn to fly and earn your Private Pilot License than right here in Scottsdale or Mesa, AZ!
Call us today at 1.833.FLY.KSDL or fill out the form to your right and start your journey of becoming a pilot by earning your Private Pilot License!
Take the next step in changing your future and finding the adventure you’ve been looking for. We’re here to help and happy to answer questions to get you on your way to earning your Private Pilot Certificate.
Leopard Aviation prides its learning environment on being fun, convenient, and flexible. For this reason our Private Pilot flight training is pay as you go, no commitments. The minimum hours for completion is 40, but we find the average time it takes students nationally is 60 hours.